Pages

Saturday, April 21, 2018

I'm a Terrible Blogger: A Finished Baby Quilt

Y'all, I've said it time and time again. I still can't figure out how so much time passes without me realizing it until I sit down and count up the days! My days have been full lately with house renovations, but we are nearing the finish line on indoor work (YAY!) and beginning outdoor repairs and replacements as the weather warms up.



During all this craziness, I made a baby quilt for a friend of mine! We were college buddies and roomies and she blames me for introducing her to her husband (guilty as charged!), so I was so excited when she told me she was expecting. :)


Momma requested a gender neutral quilt since the gender wasn't revealed until the shower or right before. She wanted green and purple (their favorite colors) and animals were a must! I used the Triangle Hexies pattern by Emily Dennis of Quilty Love. Such a lovely pattern, I recommend it! :)


Momma-to-be and I were Animal Science majors and share a love for all things sheep-y, so when I spotted the sheep flannel backing, I knew it was a must!


I wish we lived closer together, but after graduation, we both headed back to our hometowns, which are about 3 hours apart. I made the trip to her baby shower though because I wanted to give her this little quilt in person (and give her a long overdue hug!). She loved it! I'm happy to say that she had her baby girl this past week and both are doing great!


Have a good weekend y'all!

5 comments:

  1. Perfect sheep fabrics! It's a lovely quilt, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a lovely little quilt with nice subtle animals...except on the back with that gorgeous sheep fabric. I'm pretty partial to sheep myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such a lovely little baby quilt, well done indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great baby quilt. Great pattern. Those sheep are adorable. No need to apologize -- you'll get back to the blog once you've got the house taken care of.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the problem is that you are only blogging when you finish something. Remember... we like to see projects in progress, too!!!

    ReplyDelete